The MSB Group is a catalyst that brings together several coastal states under a single, harmonized system controlling the movement of small arms in the regions most affected by piracy.
In the near future MSB Group will be inviting companies into the system to better assist them in their anti-piracy efforts. In order to join the group there will be a three-step process: initial application, vetting process and integration into the group.
To briefly summarize:
- The initial application will involve the completion of three forms and the supplementation of company documents.
- The vetting process will consist in two stages. Firstly, the company and its business practices. Secondly, individual personnel applicable and pertinent to each Member State.
- Integration into the group involves the introduction of the company into the day-to-day operations within the program.
The system is designed in such a way that:
- It is cost effective
- Consistent across many states, facilitating operational and logistical planning.
- It is resilient and provides reasonable protection against disruptions in service.
- It is centralized, providing the PSC (Private Security Company) with a single point of contact from which to keep up to date with requirements across the whole system.
We look forward to welcoming companies into the group and offering them a clear and concise means to conducting their operations.